The Historical Museum is open to the public on the 1st Saturday of the month from 12 noon – 2pm. Visitors are welcome to view their items of interest and historical records: Come see a piece of Blackwood History!
The building which now houses the Blackwood Historical Society’s Museum is the perfect location for a museum, steeped in local history: it was built in 1880 and was once the Blackwood Police Stables. They now house a meeting room, records, archival materials and photos and a display area for historical items and photographs.
The stables have been extensively restored and extended by the Historical Society and Police Re-enactment Society over the years. To commemorate Blackwood’s 155 years of gold mining history Allan Hall has built a Poppet Head which was placed outside the Museum with an OPEN sign when the Museum is open to the public.